Monday, July 26, 2010

Those promised pictures...

As Madeline mentioned, I've been taking some pretty awesome pictures. Not because I'm a professional or anything. Chile just makes it so easy to capture beautiful things!

First and most importantly, the sandwich from Pablo Neruda's house. In both of our opinions, it was The Best Sandwich Ever. That's because every savory layer of it (tomatoes, cheese, oregano, and some delicious bread with seeds) was "hand-crafted by Jesus," in the words of Madeline.


Second, while on the topic of food, here is a picture of Madeline contemplating how good her strawberry and banana frozen yogurt is.

Back to Pablo Neruda's house ...

For those of you who have not been graced by Pablo's poetry, he is one of Chile's very own who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971. Although he was a self-proclaimed communist, he was also quite the hoarder (hmmm). His house was filled to the brim with out-of-the-ordinary collectors' items ... Russian nesting dolls, shoes, paintings of watermelons, seashells, colored glass. Quite the brilliant oddball, he was. We hope to visit his other two houses in Valparaíso and Isla Negra.

Now, as Mads said, I've always been fascinated by graffiti. I think it's really quite beautiful. Here are some pieces of my growing collection.


And lastly, since Madeline showed you her furry friends, I shall show you mine. Here's the little guy who followed me around as I snapped pictures at the base of the Andes this Sunday afternoon. Sadly, stray dogs are quite a big problem in Santiago. People let dogs (un-neutered) run free once they outgrow their cute puppy stage. And some of 'em are just too dang cute.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that was I, not Dad, going dress shopping. Great photos! I still want one of those sandwiches...

    ReplyDelete